Note: pictures overload!
***
Standard Charted Singapore Marathon 2008
It's surely an experience!
From the moment you sign up....
The anticipation up to the race...
The day before....
Waking up...
And actually running the race. It was all new and rather exciting!
Race pack collection!
The queue was madness!

But still organised and despite it being people mountain people sea, we didn't have to wait too long!
Saw many familiar faces between the crowd.
***
And so with my pack collected and number tagged!

I'm all ready to go!! (or at least i think i am ?? )
***
Moving through the darkness... We made our way to the starting point...

I knew that SC had a record attendance this year... But to actually see so so many people gathered at one place so early in the morning was quite an amazing feeling.
Taking our time, walking to the start. The Emcee was trying to pump us up for the run ahead!
He spotted 3 girls strolling (guess who!?) and started urging us to start running. We were totally oblivious to it, until when we actually decided to move a bit faster then the emcee went:
"Finally the girls starts running!"
So peiseh la...
It was the usual marathon route
And it's not my first time running through CBD

But i don't know why i always get such a kick when i do!
First "pit-stop"

Ena had to get her knee tapped! So we waited...
But it's SC!! We cannot just give up!
So onwards we pushed!! Step by step by step...
We passed so many ERP gantries...

I cannot help but keep thinking
"Die... forgot my cashcard! Kanna fine $60 again!"
Hahaha.... Ok... childish i know... but running does funny things to your brain.
Done with CBD...
We were heading to the other part of the route and we had to pass the starting point again...
Just in time to catch 10km flag off!

Another huge mass of people!!
We kept shouting Em's chinese name, hoping that she will hear us!!
Heehee
Then we saw some runners running BACK!!
Yes... they were finishing!!
42k!! Finishing....
And i was barely half way through my race....
*Faint*
Of cause they were the competitive runners la...
I wanted to snap a shot of them...
I don't think my cam is that slow... but i press down when they were at the left most... and by the time the moment was captured... they were at the right most!! Speeding totally off screen!!

Crazy 42k competitive runners that i actually quite admire!!
(that's a total oxymoron)
Anyway...
Run Run Run....
Ran pass the flyer...
The sun was creeping up...
The view was breath taking!By this time it was just a lot of walking....
Second break...
Re-tape!
More photos!!Water points... 100plus!! WooHoo!!
Then
Run... Run...

*beep beep beep*
Run... Run..
and Run more!!
Then finally...

Omg!! The finishing line is actually in sight!!

"many people people"
Run... Run...

*beep beep beep*
Run... Run..
and Run more!!
Then finally...

Omg!! The finishing line is actually in sight!!
So one last snap shot before the mad dash to the finish line...
Yes.. I was that trigger happy!!
Some where after this... I saw Lawrence kor-kor!! He just had a wedding... Finish reservist... And he was there running 21.5k with his new wife!!
Crazy-ness la...
But it was nice bumping into a familiar face
*sprint sprint*
Totally not holding back all the way to the FINISH LINE....
The sun was barely creeping up...
Yes.. I was that trigger happy!!Some where after this... I saw Lawrence kor-kor!! He just had a wedding... Finish reservist... And he was there running 21.5k with his new wife!!
Crazy-ness la...
But it was nice bumping into a familiar face
*sprint sprint*
Totally not holding back all the way to the FINISH LINE....
The sun was barely creeping up...

"many people people"
Quick snap of us...
I'm proud that we actually made it in one piece!I didn't know what we were waiting for... But i was bored...
So... many many shots of my Super red and "glowing" face!

Happy...
Tired...
I got my "congrats on completing" msg
HAPPY!!
Chip returned... and a medal for our "effort"!!
Yes... it's more high class/tech then SHAPE
I am a Finisher!!
Yay!!
Got outta there as fast as we could! Didn't wanna have to squeeze with the main crowd...
So hurried to the train station and off to breakfast destination!
On the train...
Jas and I realise that we were one number after another!!
So hurried to the train station and off to breakfast destination!
On the train...
Jas and I realise that we were one number after another!!
Finally done with the race!! On to some good hearty food!!!
Finish before 10am and was on track for my mac's breakie...
But the girls was more attracted to Cartel! (which was good all the same!)
Finish before 10am and was on track for my mac's breakie...
But the girls was more attracted to Cartel! (which was good all the same!)
And it was seriously some good food!!So very satisfying after a run like that...
Yum!
We rested our feet.... Took in the nice air con... And just talked abt the what just happened!!??
And *surprise surprise* discuss abt next year's race!!
Yes... Stand Chart 2009!!
42km!!??
(feel a bit crazy talking abt it... but it's a possibility)
Anyway....
Big THANKS girly girl...

Thanks for the company...
All the laughs....
The many walks...
The occasional run...
And the many many pictures!!

Thanks for the company...
All the laughs....
The many walks...
The occasional run...
And the many many pictures!!
Till next year...







