But oh well...
Lets move on...
"I'm Ba...ack!!"
***
Over the weekend was Earth Hour.
I first heard about this movement abt a yr ago - I was watching Discovery and they were advertising it. It wasn't a very popular thing then. I did my part last yr, and for an hour i sat in the dark.This yr, it was all the hyped! EVERYONE was into it!! MTV was advertising it... The radio stations were remaining us abt it everyday... Even the local tv channels were into it!! Each asking for ppl to "pledge their support".
"Vote Earth! Support Earth Hour '09"
The whole event suddenly felt more like a publicity stunt. People participate cause the media told us "you're cool if you do!" I felt the real meaning of this movement was lost in all it's hype!Nevertheless...
This yr my household still did our part!!
(we didn't pledge - we didn't need the whole world to know; we didn't need to be "cool")
But can we blame Her?
I don't dare say that I'm very environmentally friendly. I know that it'll take a lot for me to give up my air con and water heater and my washing machine!! But i still try to do my part once in a while. And i think we all should! Or do we have to wait for the world deteriorate and die a little more? Maybe then more people will become aware! No?
*** moving on...
Last month i was craving and crazy over waffles!! I had waffles like at least twice a week!!
and This month it was Strawberry short cake!!
It wasn't as bad as waffles... I just had this craving for it but never had the chance to have one! It was so infuriating to want a slice but it's always sold out!! *argh*
So for a month... all i wanted was strawberry short cake!!
And finally today i had my strawberry short cake!!
It was so pretty just to look at!!
Bought the Canele one. Couldn't resist the huge strawberry chucks in between!
But as pretty as it looked, i was quite disappointed in the taste department... The cake was way too sweet for my liking... The cream was rather tasteless... and the strawberry didn't have the strawberry taste... (ok i can't really complain abt the last point since it's not strawberry season...)
I still like the one from Baker's Inn...
Aiya... waffles are still the best la!
***
I also collected my gown today.
I can't believe it. After all that years... Finally it's my turn. I never really thought abt it. Never one to dream and imagine how my day would be... So now when it's finally my turn... it's kindda taking a while to sink in...
And i hope my family can be proud of me. I know they will be there... My grandma said she'll be going! I'm so so happy la...
I can't wait for all the picture taking!! Yay!!
Ok... this may be too much to ask...
But i think it'll be really nice to have my friends there too!
Err... it's kindda odd asking here... (but i feel so thick skin asking any other way)
So here goes...
Dear Friends,

*** moving on...
Last month i was craving and crazy over waffles!! I had waffles like at least twice a week!!
and This month it was Strawberry short cake!!
It wasn't as bad as waffles... I just had this craving for it but never had the chance to have one! It was so infuriating to want a slice but it's always sold out!! *argh*
So for a month... all i wanted was strawberry short cake!!
And finally today i had my strawberry short cake!!
It was so pretty just to look at!!Bought the Canele one. Couldn't resist the huge strawberry chucks in between!
But as pretty as it looked, i was quite disappointed in the taste department... The cake was way too sweet for my liking... The cream was rather tasteless... and the strawberry didn't have the strawberry taste... (ok i can't really complain abt the last point since it's not strawberry season...)
I still like the one from Baker's Inn...
Aiya... waffles are still the best la!
***
I also collected my gown today.
I can't believe it. After all that years... Finally it's my turn. I never really thought abt it. Never one to dream and imagine how my day would be... So now when it's finally my turn... it's kindda taking a while to sink in...
This is mine!!
(really??)
I'm not exactly the best example of a student. Rather lazy on a few occasions... But I still tried!(really??)
And i hope my family can be proud of me. I know they will be there... My grandma said she'll be going! I'm so so happy la...
I can't wait for all the picture taking!! Yay!!
Ok... this may be too much to ask...
But i think it'll be really nice to have my friends there too!
Err... it's kindda odd asking here... (but i feel so thick skin asking any other way)
So here goes...
Dear Friends,
Would you like to come for my convocation on 17April??
I can't get you tickets (limited) to see the ceremony, but I'll be super touched and super happy if you could come and take a picture with me! I can sneak you food from the reception!! SIM is not very big but there are some pretty neat spots to take pictures! (heehee...)
So if by any chance you might be interested, you can email/text/call me for details.
Thanks.
Love,
Fiona
Fiona


