Studying today was mind boggling!
Taking a breather and decided i should do the Wedding update now!
***
26 April 2008 - Saturday
My day started as usual, teaching in the morning.
Had lunch with Win,
then headed down to Conrad

Debbie met me in the lobby
And we headed up to the room

The room was HUGE!
Huge as in "can play catching" kindda huge!!
Love the deco

I love the wallpaper! And that was in the toilet la!
And the bears on the bed is just so Conrad
The girls were all busy with Hair and Make-up!

Hairspray Hairspray and MORE Hairspray!
I always wondered why hairspray was so important?
Now i know why!
Some how it made me miss my curls...
(But... I think i'll be sticking to straight hair for awhile.)
But still, Thanks to Andy (i think his name was) for doing my hair pretty pretty!
(A special side note: Thanks to Petrina for the lovely dress! Really a life saver! Thanks Babe!)
Was late heading down to the reception
Was suppose to help with the "registration"
There was 5 of us helping the guest look for their tables

Actually it wasn't that difficult
till a clumsy waiter spilled coke all over the master copy!
After that... we had to search for each guest's name by table...
"Not good..."
Had a few embarrassing moments when we couldn't find the names...
Thank goodness Aunty Regina was nearby, she could almost remember where most should be sitting!
I took a peek into the ballroom

Everything was ready to go!
The waiters were practising for the first course entrance.
And i was happily snapping away!
Outside the guest mingled and talked
Had a drink or 2

You could really see how happy Uncle Sia and Aunty Regina was
And you can't help but want to share in their joy!
Everyone left their well wishes

Look at the pretty pens.
I heard that Davina did it herself!
It was a really nice touch and everyone was impressed with it.
We took our seats and waited....

The wedding video playing on the projector
It was from the photo shot they had in Aussie
The shots were really nice!
Very natural
Capturing their fun-loving spirit!
Their photographer did a fantastic job!
The table setting was so lovely!

The white roses amongst the green
Dimly lighted with candles all around
The serving plate with it's gold trimming
(My camera just don't do it justice la...)
We waited and waited....

All getting a bit impatient and hungry!
Finally...
The bridal party made their entrance!
His parents
Her parents
The bride's maid
The maid of honor
(too bad the best men all couldn't be here)
Davina was beautiful in white...
And Tony dashing in his suit!
They look so truly happy
You can't help but share in their joy!
They made their way to stage for the ceremonial cutting of the cakeAnd Tony dashing in his suit!
They look so truly happy
You can't help but share in their joy!

Then it was the speeches.
Uncle Sia made his "Proud Daddy" speech

Thanked everyone for coming
and talked about the couple
I think the most touching was when he thanked Tony's mum for taking such good care of Davina all these years. Aunty Regina presented her with a little token.
I was impressed (truly impressed) when i heard how wonderful she is
Have you every heard of/know a mother that cooks and clean, washes and iron, and fetch you to the train station at 6.30am and then back home every single day! And even made your bed!
Maybe your own mother will do all this for you...
But here, Tony's Mum did all that for Davina, who was only her son's girlfriend!
All i can say is WOW!
Where can you ever find a mother-in-law like this!?
I really take my hat off to her!
Ok.. On with the party.
Our first course was finally served!

I was so hungry by now!!
Couldn't wait to dig in!!
Half way through dinner,
The bride went for her second change

What's a Chinese wedding dinner without a good hearty Yum-seng!!
The Bride and Groom made their speech

Oh! i think that Davina's red dress is just super pretty la!!
Really made her stand out!
There was the photo taking with every table

Hmm.... I'm starting to think that these Chinese wedding dinners are so routinely the same
But then again it's one of those "once in your life" kindda experience
And with every couple, i guess the experience is different in their own way.
Debbie and I snapped a quick shot before she had to hurry away

Yes yes... I know... My lousy photo taking skills...
Too think... with the amount of pictures i take everyday, i should be good at this!
Oh yes!
I must mention the band that played that night
It was Donovan's band
I think they're called 3 leaf (i hope i got it right)

They absolutely rocked la!!
Provided us with a wonderful range of music (almost) the whole night!
They played and sang beautifully
I over heard so many compliments
I bet after this, they'll be getting more gigs! (haha...)
After a delicious dinner
We proceed to (at least to me) the
Dessert!!
And a buffet dessert at that!!The chocolate everything was sinfully divine....
The spread had everything!
And being greedy me, i just had to pick on it all!!
(well... there goes my diet plan down the drain!)
But i like....
Oh yes!
During dessert, a waiter came to our table
Hand us.....

A Survey Form!!
Yes... you didn't read/see wrong!
Right in the middle of eating....
at a Wedding dinner....
to the guest!
I felt it was rather weird...
Or is it just me??
I've never filled in a survey form at a wedding dinner before.
Have you??
Anyway,
Finally had a proper photo op with Debbie
As the night draw on,
The music slowly faded
The guest made their leave
The ballroom slowly emptied...
It was a a really lovely night
I had such a great time!
Even without knowing many people there
But I still manage to enjoy myself!

Thanks to Davina and Tony for the invite
(may you have a life filled with love and bliss and all things good)
Thanks to Uncle Sai and Aunty Regina for the wonderful meal.
Thanks to Debs for being such a great friend!!
Even without knowing many people there
But I still manage to enjoy myself!

Thanks to Davina and Tony for the invite
(may you have a life filled with love and bliss and all things good)
Thanks to Uncle Sai and Aunty Regina for the wonderful meal.
Thanks to Debs for being such a great friend!!
***
Now I'm so looking forward to Aug!

Another big party!
And from what i hear... It's gonna be a different but equally awesome party!!
Till then...
***
It took me way too long to write this post....
Need to get back to mugging now.
Next long picture-ful post will be of yesterday's trip to the marina!










