Twitter-ing

Thursday, May 7, 2009

super long overdue. Haven't been in the mood to write lately...

Firstly:
This is dedicate to S, the giver of the most unusual presents!

Some time back S and i went to the adidas sale. (i told you this post was long over due)
Anyway, we wanted to get socks that day... But somehow socks is not something they sell during a sale. So we left empty handed in that department.
After that we chanced upon a nike sale. Again, No socks!
We kindda gave up after that.

A few days later. I met S for tea.
And she gave me.....


Socks!!!
We had a good laugh.
Thanks Babe!

Then it was my birthday.
Again S called asking what can she get me?
In her words: "what do you get someone who has everything already?"
(i don't have everything, she just assume so)
Anyway, I told her that a movie and choco popcorn was more then i can ask for.
Well we had that. but she couldn't let the birthday pass without a real present.

So....

Yes... She got me a Pillow!!
*another round of laughs*

And it's a really good pillow! I don't think it's fully set in yet. I'm a side sleeper and i never sleep on the exact spot ever night, so i think it's kindda hard to retain my head shape. I think it'll work better for ppl who sleeps on their back. But the neck support is just right for me. At least now i can sleep through the night (i was worse then a newborn...) and I credit it all to your pillow S!!

Thanks again Babe!!!

"I told you she's a giver of usual presents!!"

***

A few weeks back...
Someone was nice enough to bring to me watch CATS!!
(yes... the musical...)
I was excited!! One of the longest running productions on Broadway... How could i not be!
They came almost 10 years back... If i don't watch it now... i'll to wait another 10 years!!??
I've heard their songs over and over on the radio before... now I couldn't wait to hear it live!



I really enjoyed the show!
There was no story line... Brainless in the sense that there was no plot to catch. You could fall asleep then wake up and still know what's going on.
But there was no way i would fall asleep!!
The music did not disappoint. The choreography was fantastic!!
ACT 1 was a little boring...
But ACT 2 made up everything!
Every "Cat" was so entertaining... With their unique personality and style.
Oh and the lights! I love the lights! Drape all over the theater...
And the opening... when the "Cats" come out for the Jellicle Ball....

Oh... I'm so dreaming of the songs right now...

"Jellicle cats at the Jellicle ball...."

"The Gumbie cat..." cute

who can forget "Rum Tum Tugger!"
(written to pay homage to Rolling Stones Mick Jagger. super funny)

"Memory" is as beautiful as ever

everyone know "Macavity"

my favourite will surely have to be "Mr. Mistoffelees"



Oh...Now i'm tempted to get the CD.

for all this's worth
Thank-you for this experience!

***

Ok... back to (horrid) work... Blah!!

I can't wait for Sunday