"Would you dare do CPR on random person that collapse in front of you?
Without hesitation, I replied:
"No way!"
Then the person ask:
"How abt if the person is someone you know or your loved one?"
I answered:
"Maybe..."
The person asked again:
"What happen if the person puked? Will you still perform CPR?"
At that point... My mind was screaming
"No way i'm gonna even touch that person... loved one or not!!"
Very selfish huh!?
But that was exactly what i thought. To me, CPR was something that i had to learn... No choice because it was required... I was never going to actually perform it! Ever....
And so many years on, i've practise CPR countless times... I know the drill inside out! And still i held the same thought, that nothing is gonna make me perform it for real!
Well....
Not until today....
Because today... I can safely tell you...
"Puke and all..I WILL perform CPR!"
And let me tell you... You can practise 1000 times and knwo it like that back of your hand.... But when it comes to real life... ALL that practise is rubbish...
Oh Lord! Please keep him safe and deliver him from harm.
***
UPDATED:
(22 Feb 2009)
After talking to some friends... They made me realise i should make a correction to the very bold statement i made above.
***
UPDATED:
(22 Feb 2009)
After talking to some friends... They made me realise i should make a correction to the very bold statement i made above.
"Puke and all... I WILL perform CPR on children and ppl i love only...."
(The rest is still a BIG maybe...)
(The rest is still a BIG maybe...)
Yes yes... call be shallow and unfeeling and selfish... But honestly... will YOU perform CPR on just any random person?
(Anyone!!?? Think super hard before answering...)
(Anyone!!?? Think super hard before answering...)